As we kick off our 60th year, United Way HPE is looking for a volunteer or 2 that would be interested in joining the committee for the annual Day of Caring event that takes place June 2018.
All volunteer efforts, big and small, are vital to the well being of our community. Corporate Volunteering is quickly becoming the new “corporate investment” strategy and Day of Caring demonstrates that by working together, local companies can make a visible and substantial impact in their community by getting involved in one of the many local service organizations that work to improve the quality of life for our family, friends, coworkers and neighbours.
Day of Caring is a special program coordinated in our community by United Way Hastings & Prince Edward. Its goal is to mobilize teams of corporate employees and other community groups as volunteers, to complete meaningful, hands-on projects that will greatly assist local non-profit agencies in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties. Our annual Day of Caring program completes jobs for individuals and organizations where health or monetary restrictions prevent them from otherwise getting done.
- Participate in initial planning that determines the scope and size of the event.
- Attend meetings (approx. 1 per month) to benchmark the progress of sponsorships, workplace registrations and project requests.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of activities for the event day and evening.
- Assist in the breakfast kick off rally.
- Attend the Day of Caring and assist with team registrations on the day.
This position suits someone who:
- Is organized and likes to plan parties/events.
- Is familiar with Microsoft Office (not a deal breaker, but would be helpful).
- Is comfortable making phone calls to workplaces and agencies if necessary to aid in organization.
- Is community minded and likes to help people.
For more information please contact Melanie Cressman, Director of Fundraising firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-9629531