Volunteers are the backbone of United Way Hastings & Prince Edward. We couldn’t do what we do without you!
Do you want to make a lasting difference in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties? Apply to become a volunteer. You’ll get the opportunity to contribute your time, skills and talent in various United Way Hastings & Prince Edward volunteer opportunities:
- Support an event
- Organize a Workplace Campaign
- Volunteer at one of our funded agencies (please visit VIQ at http://viq.ca/website/ for volunteer opportunities in the community)
- Join the Board of Directors or Campaign Cabinet
- Participate in Day of Caring
- Citizen Review Panel
- Good Backpack Program
Belleville Community Sale
Citizen Review Panel (November to February)
Viva Las Vegas! Charity Casino
HoPE Leadership Employee Program
United Way Hastings and Prince Edward provides a social corporate responsibility internship for organizations who wish to develop their next level of leadership. Creating a stronger community in Hastings and Prince Edward, the HoPE Employee Program provides an opportunity for knowledge sharing and employee leadership development for companies wishing to participate. Outcomes for participants include:
- Learn about ethics, legal issues, and leadership in fundraising.
- Learn how to prepare proposals for events and fundraising.
- Understand marketing and direct marketing strategies and activities.
- Conduct the research and analysis associated with the management of lists, promotions and donors.
- Improve communications skills (writing skills for fundraising proposals, annual reports, promotion, marketing, public relations, direct mail and event marketing).
- Learn about volunteer resources including planning, recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, supervising, volunteers.
- Event management.
- Demonstrate personal relationship building and presentation skills for fundraising including presenting fundraising programs as well as approaching prospects and closing pledges.
- Manage computer databases in order to input, compile, analyze and report data and isolate new markets and fundraising opportunities.
- Analyze fundraising issues and events, implement a problem-solving process and present solutions.
- Bring a broadened perspective back to your workplace, knowing and understanding the United Way Model, its’ community impact, and the opportunities provided to support an international cause.
This is a unique engagement opportunity for potential leaders in your organization. Confident, innovative, and with a commitment to creating a more vibrant community in which to do business, Sponsored Employees are seconded for a 15-week period to work for United Way. Under the management and guidance of the Executive Director and management team, they play a crucial role in supporting and inspiring close to 200 workplace campaigns across Hastings and Prince Edward Counties. They are exposed to important social issues. They will address root-cause issues through our corporate responsibility model, which is part of the Community Impact strategy team’s area of expertise. Sponsored Employees have the opportunity to develop valuable skills, such as public speaking, time management, project management, customer relations and teamwork.
Provide a Sponsored Employee
Second an employee to the program from early fall to calendar year end. A seconded employee’s salary and benefits continue to be paid by their employer. Day-to-day management is the responsibility of United Way.
Provide financial support
A financial gift of $10,000 gives United Way the flexibility to hire an individual with specific skills to support our fundraising efforts.
For more information on the United Way Hastings and Prince Edward’s HoPE Leadership Employee Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 613-962-9531, or stop by our offices at 55 Harriett Street, Belleville, ON.