2019 Day of Caring Presented By - Shoeless Joe's & Get Yoga
United Way’s Day of Caring is an opportunity for engagement and team building, while giving back to the community that we all live, work and play in. Mobilizing teams of volunteers on June 13th, we will work together to make significant positive impact in our communities; assisting local non-profit agencies to complete projects that they wouldn’t otherwise have the means to accomplish.
United Way HPE is currently accepting applications from organizations across Hastings & Prince Edward in need of assistance in completing meaningful projects as well as business partnership opportunities.
To apply please submit your project to:
Melanie Cressman, Director Donor Relations – email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 613-962-9531
2019 Business & Community Sponsors - Thank You For Your Support!
2018 Day of Caring Stats:
Last year’s Day of Caring had teams of volunteers working at locations across Hastings & Prince Edward. Volunteers rolled up their sleeves to complete hands-on projects that these agencies wouldn’t normally have the means to accomplish. The work fit with the United Way HPE’s mission to Improve Lives Locally and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action.
2018 Day of Caring Completed:
- 2 sun shelters were built to protect little ones for playing outside.
- 19 raised garden beds were built so people now have access to fresh vegetables all over HPE.
- 2 picnic tables were built, including an accessible one so everyone can enjoy the convenience of eating outside.
- 400+ fresh vegetable plants were planted.
- 4 flower gardens were built to make homes or locations more welcoming.
- 1 parking lot was transformed into a welcoming neighbourhood gathering spot.
- 3 mud kitchens were built from scratch so kids can get dirty while they play.
- And countless other small jobs were completed to add to the impact of the agencies we support.